- All bookings for Bush Travellers Safaris should be made in writing by fax or e-mail.
- Telephone bookings should be followed up immediately with a written confirmation.
- All bookings are held on a provisional basis until the required deposit has been received
- A non-refundable deposit should be paid within 14 days of making the reservation.
- We do not have credit card facilities, so we rely on bank transfers into our account.
- 50% non-refundable deposit required immediately.
- Balance of payments should be received by us not later than 3 months prior to arrival date.
Please note that all cancellations should be made in writing by fax or e-mail. Our cancellation policy is as follows:
- Within three months of arrival: 50% of total cost
- Within two months of arrival: 75% of total cost
- Within one month of arrival: no refund!
2. What to bring
Casual, comfortable clothing is suitable throughout the year. Layers of clothing are most practical for the fluctuating day/night temperatures of Botswana.
The most practical items to pack are:
- Long sleeves, long trousers and closed shoes to help prevent tick and mosquito bites
- Light clothing is preferable during the day especially during the summer months; e.g. t-shirts, shorts
- Light, compact raincoat is a good idea for the summer
- Fleece or sweater and a warm jacket due to colder nights during the winter season
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Natural, earthy or khaki toned clothes are preferable (brightly-coloured clothes should be avoided to prevent any undue attention from wild animals)
- Sun block, lip balm, sunglasses, hat, swimsuit
- Insect repellent
- Video camera
- South African plug adaptor
2. What to bring
We advise you to check your passport before you depart and make sure it is valid and has enough blank pages (atleast 5 pages). Confirm the immigration requirement to each of the countries you will visit in your itinerary to see if you require visa or not. Bush Travellers Safaris will not be held responsible for any client traveling without valid Visa (s) and a valid Passport. It is vital for visitors to make sure all the required documents(VISA AND PASSPORT) are valid before departure.
4. Botswana Climate
Botswana is landlocked and has a subtropical desert climate characterized by great differences in day and night temperatures, and low humidity overall. It receives virtually no rainfall for six months of the year, with the wettest months being December to March, when heavy downpours are experienced. Botswana has winter and summer at opposite times of the year as Europe and North America, and they correspond to the Dry and Wet season respectively.
- Dry season - May to October - Winter
- Wet season - November to April - Summer